What do you accept for promotion?
As a rough guideline, we accept all themes and sub-genres of romance that are eligible for publication on Amazon. If it can go on Amazon, we can promote it. We are a SWEET ROMANCE promotion site, books that don’t fit that description may not be a good fit.
What is a “Sweet” Romance?
A sweet (MF) romance has a good man as the hero for the heroine, as opposed to a bad boy or any other kind of anti-hero. A “good man” may:
- Treat the heroine like a princess or an equal, not a sex toy
- Not cuss every other word
- Have good morals
- Live within the law except where that conflicts with love
- Not be defined by muscles, tattoos and “playing by his own rules” i.e. not a bad boy
We will not accept any works depicting the following themes written for titilation, even if you somehow managed to get them on Amazon:
- Bestiality (werewolves, shifters, etc are fine)
- Snuff (zombies would be fine)
- Incest (Pseudo-Incest is fine, i.e. step-relatives, adopted relatives)
What are the rules on pricing?
All books must be priced at:
- Newly/temporarily discounted to free
- Newly/temporarily discounted to $0.99
- Newly/temporarily discounted to at least $2.99
Promotions accepted for books over $0.99 are going to be extremely rare. Promotions cannot be accepted for works over $2.99.
By “Newly/Temporarily discounted” we mean that your promotion must represent a good, special, deal for our subscribers. Books that have been free for a prolonged period then advertised as free, or are regularly priced at 99 cents then advertised at 99 cents are not really “deals”. We are happy to promote books that have newly (less than 3 weeks) gone “permafree” or have just (less than 3 weeks) been discounted to 99 cents, or are new releases at a discounted price before moving up to their regular price.
Your promotional pricing must remain in place for the day of your requested promotion and the following day to give all subscribers a fair chance to receive and look at the newsletter. We tend to check pricing around 12-2am PST on the day of your promotion. If your pricing isn’t in place in time your promotion may be cancelled and there may be no refunds given.
Your book must not be offered at a better price within the next week after running with The Sweetest Romance.
Generally speaking, only one free book will be promoted per newsletter. However, if you are prepared to grovel, I am prepared to listen and will accept more than 1 free promotion per newsletter on a case by case basis. Occasionally.
What retailers can you help direct customers to?
You can provide information for your promotion at the following retailers:
- Barnes & Noble
- Google Play
Your book must be *available* at all the retailers you provide details for at the time of your promotion, so not on pre-order or still being reviewed.
Can I promote any old garbage?
No! This service is for quality romance only. Many factors will be taken into account when considering your request, such as the quality of your cover and blurb, any customer reviews your book may have, the overall quality of your back catalogue, what other books are already scheduled for your requested date, how past promotions of your works have performed, etc. And OF COURSE, your book must actually be a sweet romance with a good man rather than a bad boy. The Sweetest Romance reserves the right to accept, deny, or cancel any promotion at any time for any reason.
How often can I promote with you?
Authors can promote the work of any one pen name once per week, i.e. if accepted for a promotion on a Friday, that pen name will not be accepted for another promotion until the following Friday. This doesn’t restrain authors from promoting different pen names closer than 1 week apart. We will not accept the same work closer than 30 days apart.
Other miscellaneous information:
- By filling out the submission form and submitting your book to us for promotion, you state that you hold the rights to request promotion and agree to give The Sweetest Romance permission to display your book cover art and blurb on our promotional channels, including newsletters, the website and social media outlets.
- We will not accept promotion requests more than 60 days in advance.
- Remember, The Sweetest Romance reserves the right to accept, deny, or cancel any promotion at any time for any reason.